The Fun Focus Play® 2020 Challenge - The Habit Continues
The original 2020 Challenge was all about starting to build a daily dog training habit to help you improve your dog's behaviour and to get you in the habit of doing a little bit of training each and every day.
During the Original Challenge we did 20 minutes of training with your dog each and every day for 20 days.
But the whole point of launching the challenge was to help you build a daily dog training habit. While we started to build the habit, 20 days is simply not long enough to cement the habit and that is why we are offering you this change to continue to build your habit with the support of me, Wendy and the whole Fun Focus Play community that we have build over the past 20 days.
Going forwards the Fun Focus Play® 2020 Challenge facebook page will become a closed group. This means that only members will be able to see the Lives, training videos you post and the supporting posts.
In order for us to be able to continue to offer you our support in building your training habit and improve your skills as your dog's trainer the format of the Challenge is going to change slightly.
The emphasis of the Fun Focus Play® 2020 Challenge - The Habit Continues will still be to help you build your daily dog training habit. And to help you succeed we will be setting you up for success.
The new format will be as follows:
- There will be a weekly Live in which we will pose the challenge that you will be training that week.
- You will get an instructional video, breaking each challenge down and shows you exactly how to train your dog to master the exercise.
- We will also spend time each week to improve your practical skill as your dog's trainer.
- Each of the challenges will be based on one of 4 topics:
- Lead walking skills
- Improving your dog's recalls
- Mastering off lead control
- Relationship building, this topic will cover a selection of different exercises that don't really fit in to any of the topics mentioned above. We will be covering exercises such as trick training, scentwork, confidence building etc
All the information will be brought together here at the Fun Focus Play® Dog Training Academy.
- Preparation (9:13)
- Day 1 - Checking in with gusto (7:25)
- Day 2 - Does your dog have eyes only for you? (8:51)
- Day 3 - Is your dog a watcher or a listener? (8:26)
- Day 4 - It's all a choice (11:08)
- Day 5 - Positioning Magic (12:20)
- Day 6 - Head on Lap (7:40)
- Day 7 - Peekaboo in real life (8:20)
- Day 8 - Does your dog love to be close to you? (7:55)
- Day 9 - Supercharging your Recall (11:24)
- Day 10 - Down Down Dog (9:27)
- Day 11 - Waiting for the Fun to start (6:02)
- Day 12 - Sometimes you just have to stand still and smell the flowers (5:36)
- Day 13 - Sit, Down Walk Around (5:46)
- Day 14 - I Spin You Round, Round Baby (3:43)
- Day 15 - There is a place for everything (4:59)
- Day 16 - Hold 'em tight, out on cue (14:37)
- Day 17 - Spinning till you're dizzy (7:03)
- Day 18 - Weaving for Joy (7:55)
- Day 19 - OK-Go! (9:32)
- Day 20 - Take a Swing Left (9:01)
Hi, I’m Natasja Lewis DipCABT, CHWI, ProDog Trainer
CEO of the Fun Focus Play® Dog Training Academy, Canine Development Coach, Published Author, Podcast Host and Course Author.